Amid all the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, many of us are finding ourselves isolated and finding the true meaning of #SocialDistancing. If you're working from home, like I am, you might be thinking of ways to help weather the storm in this temporary downturn. We know flight hours for many are down in the short term but for the aircraft still in flight, GoDirect Trade and its Seller community are going to do everything we can to keep our customers flying.
SEO is an acronym that stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of optimizing your listings (think listing titles, product details, etc) so that search engines like Google will put you on Page 1. Ever wonder why certain stores show up on Page 1 when you type "women's running shoes" into the Google search bar? Answer: SEO.
Below are key tips we recommend to bump your listings to "Page 1".
1 - Listing Title
- Your listing title will always be your part number and part number description
- Avoid misspellings in the part number description
- Avoid cryptic codes, acronyms or abbreviations that consumers will not understand
2 - Images
- Use clear images with neutral backgrounds for your photos
- Product should fill ~85% of the image
- You can upload up to 5 images to showcase your product
- Pro Tip: Avoid taking pictures of bags, boxes, or crates where possible
3 - Product Details
- The more product details you provide, the more comfortable the buyer will be with the purchase
- Include features (facts about the product)
- Include interesting platform applicability (ex. applicable to all MD-90 retired fleets)
- Include important details about the item like its dimensions
- Include any special shipping information (ex. custom crate required, large package)
The bottom line is that the content you use to create your listings matters. GoDirect Trade will automatically take the information you give us and translate it into data that is meaningful to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. In addition, these searches engines are constantly scanning, or crawling, our marketplace to better understand what our site is about and if we have what customers really want.
The next time they crawl GoDirect Trade, you want your listings to stand out with meaningful titles, solid product details, and clear product images.
Stay healthy, stay safe and take care,